Endowment Committee


Endowment

The 1956 Society

The 1956 Society is made up of persons who have given or declared their intent to give to St. Stephen’s Endowment Fund. Twenty-six charter members—George and Gerri Bass, Ward Bourn, Susan Britcher, Ingrid and Ed Brown, Martha and Gene Clements, Jane deSolm, Elsa O. Englert, Linday Laity Hite, Margaret and Gary Krull, Jan MacQueston, Kathryn and James Ogborn, Emily and Louis Rossiter, Karen and Lawrence Shoberg, Susan and Robert Voigt and Linda and George Vonderheide—were recognized at a dinner held in the spring of 2015.

The Endowment Fund is nearing its goal of $1.2 million.

 

 

The Endowment Committee

The congregation of St. Stephen Lutheran Church (SSLC), in a meeting on June 12, 2005, approved amendments to its Constitution and Bylaws to establish an Endowment Fund and to establish an Endowment Fund Committee (EFC) to be the custodian of the Fund. The purpose of the Fund is to enhance the mission outreach of SSLC and to support activity beyond the scope of the general fund operating budget of the congregation.

Questions about the Endowment Fund may be directed to any member of the Endowment Committee:

  • Joyce Beene
  • JIm Cobb
  • Bob Harman
  • Glenn Joppa
  • Charlene Smith

or you can call the church office: 757-229-6688.

 

Resources for Considering a Legacy Gift