Sunday Morning Worship is at 8:30 and 11:00!
We’re Receiving Preschool Registrations for 2017-2018!
Open House Sunday, January 22, 2:00 – 4:00 PM
We offer classes for 3-year olds (two days a week and three days a week), 4-year olds (four days a week), and 5-year olds. (Our class sizes will be smaller than they have been. Several classes are near capacity.)
Our curriculum emphasizes seven areas: Language Development;, Physical Development; Social-Emotional Development; Cognition, Problem Solving, and Scientific Development; Mathematical Development; Creative Development; and Spiritual Development.
We are distinctive in having trained art and early childhood music teachers on our staff!
For more information, click “Preschool” above!
(About our logo: As a tree grows, branches out and bears fruit, so we love to help children prepare for kindergarten, nurturing children to bear the fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control!)
Hymn Festival Weekend January 28 and 29!
The Hymn Festival Weekend will take place at St. Bede Roman Catholic church, to celebrate the Week of Christian Unity and Commemorate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation.
This is the first big event that we’re sponsoring for this Reformation 500 year.
- Saturday, January 28: Choir singers’ rehearsal 10:00 AM – noon; lunch at noon.
- Register for the above at reformation500williamsburg.com The $15 fee for lunch will be collected at the door.
- Saturday, January 28: Workshops for all at 1:00 and 2:00 PM. (No registration is necessary for these.)
- Sunday, January 29: Hymn Festival at 2:00 PM
- The big news is that we will commemorate the Reformation in this way at St. Bede Catholic church! Bede is at 3686 Ironbound Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- The weekend will feature Lutheran composer and organist, David Cherwien and hymn text writer Susan Palo Cherwien (check out Evangelical Lutheran Worship hymns #261, 306, 374, 447, 548, 648, 672, 699!)
- For more information, call Ina Berkey (603-6643)
This Hymn Festival Weekend is funded with a grant from Thrivent and with donations to St. Stephen Lutheran Church in memory of Dorothy Reeves.
For more information, go to www.reformation500williamsburg.com
Did You Know that the ELCA is the Most Ecumenical Church Body in the United States?
Since 1997, the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America has been in Full Communion (with interchangeable sacraments and clergy) with the Episcopal Church USA, the Presbyterian Church USA, the United Methodist Church, the United Church of Christ, the Reformed Church in America and the Moravian Church. (None of them are in Full Communion with each other, only with the ELCA.)
That is why, each Sunday, prayers are offered for congregations of these churches in Full Communion with the ELCA: to highlight our unique openness to other traditions.
To learn more about our national denomination, click this: www.elca.org
St. Stephen Folks Are Staffing Hunger Ministry on Friday Evenings
We’re preparing and delivering dinners to those who are homeless many Friday evenings during the year, as part of the “From His Hands” ministry . Below is the schedule for 2015. Call Randy Punchard or John Moravitz if you would like to give of your time to this ministry. (If you don’t have a congregational directory, call the church office or pick one up the next time you’re by.)
If You Would Like to Contribute Toward the Ministries of St. Stephen …
Click “Giving” above!
Are you keeping up with what’s happening at St. Stephen on Facebook?
St. Stephen Facebook page
Check out a great web site: www.livinglutheran.com